I’m not a professional food blogger so don’t judge my iPhone pics 🙂 xoxo
Suggested Serving Size: 1/2 FBK Baked Apple
Recipe Makes: 2 servings, 40 minutes total time (5 minutes prep, 35 ish minutes cook time)
Macros for 1/2 baked apple: 178 calories/1.5 g P/8.4 g F/26.5 g C
1 medium organic granny smith apple (that’s just my personal fave because of the tart!)
2 TBSP organic instant oats
1 TBSP organic coconut flour
1 TBSP organic coconut oil, melted
1 TBSP raw honey, melted (If I’m trying to keep carbs lower I cut this in half)
1/2 TBSP organic dark chocolate chunks (optional)
Pinch of salt (small pinch!)
Dash of cinnamon to taste (probably close to 1/4 tsp)
P.S…On some things I’m very much a by sight or by taste “chef”…So with regards to cinnamon just go with your taste buds here! I use a little extra sprinkle for garnish on the apple halves.
P.P.S…You can always swap a different fruit if you’re not an apple fan…You’ll just need to adjust your entry into MFP since the macros will be different depending on the fruit. Peaches or pears would be a great sub 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix your oats, coconut flour, cinnamon, & pinch of salt.
- In a separate small bowl combine your melted coconut oil & melted raw honey, mix together. (Ideally, melt these really quickly in a skillet…In a pinch use the microwave to melt)
- Add liquid oil & honey mixture to your dry ingredient bowl & mix well.
- Put this “crumble” mixture into the fridge while you prep the apples so it can cool and stick together.
- Slice your apple along its “equator” so you have two even halves (don’t forget to take the stem off).
- Scoop out the seeds & a tiny bit of the apple flesh so you have a little hole for the crumble mixture to sit in (i use my melon baller to scoop out the seeds etc…).
- Pull out your oven safe baking dish (preferably a glass baking dish, like an 8×8, or stoneware like my little cute Le Creuset croquettes pictured below) & add 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the dish.
- Remove the “crumble” mixture from the fridge & stuff your two apple halves with mixture. Feel free to garnish with some extra cinnamon if desired.
- Add your completed apple halves to the baking dish (complete with 1/4 inch water base) & bake for 35-40 minutes depending on your oven. I typically do about 37 minutes!
- Remove from oven when finished & garnish with organic dark chocolate drizzle.
- Wait for the baked apples to cool a bit & enjoy your 1/2 apple serving with a fork & knife.
Macros on MFP (per 1/2 apple)